Wednesday 5 July 2006

Steve Pavlina

I’ve been reading a lot of stuff just recently from a website called http://www.stevepavlina.com. Steve is a former Games Developer turned Personal Development Guru. Since first discovering his site I have come close twice to deleting his feed from my RSS aggregator, this was for two reasons, namely, his posts are sometimes long and he sometimes talks about his spiritual and supernatural beliefs very openly.

I initially dismissed him as some kind of new age preacher nutcase (Steve, if you ever read this .. Sorry !) but for some reason kept looking at his blog entries and articles. The more I looked, the more I realised that this guy is 100% serious and an incredibly knowledgeable and intelligent individual to boot. Only a small percentage of his articles talk about things that I am not totally comfortable with, and why shouldn’t he? It’s his blog and I can stop reading whenever I choose.

This guy writes very well and also produces audio recordings of some of his articles, which are equally professional. So much of what he says makes sense and I think I can use some of his teachings in my own life. This is not for me a spiritual trip, it is about growing as a person using tools such as defining your life’s purpose, setting your goals and thinking positive thoughts. It’s about using your own brain and your own subconscious to bring clarity, discipline, meaning and happiness to your existence.

He site is well worth looking at, whatever your take on Personal Development.

“You know, the courts may not be working any more, but as long as everyone is videotaping everyone else, justice will be done.” - Marge Simpson

No comments: